There are several different causes for collapse:
- Your roof may have caved in from heavy snow.
- There may have been hidden decay in your foundation causing the collapse.
- Hidden insect or vermin damage may have weakened your structure.
- Rain collecting on your roof may have caused a collapse.
- Use of defective materials during construction or shoddy renovation may have caused your collapse.
- In some instances, vibration from nearby construction or demolition can cause damage to a foundation.
Whatever the cause, we will assess the language in your policy, inspect the damage and then negotiate with your insurance provider to make sure they do the right thing.